acet UK's Esteem teacher training in relationships and sex education (RSE) is designed primarily for secondary school teachers wishing to improve their RSE delivery and increase their confidence in delivering this subject. The course reflects the most up-to-date information, in line with the 2019 government guidance on relationships and sex education, sex education and health education.
Check out our upcoming courses here or contact us to set up training for you and your colleagues.
We can offer this teacher training online or in-person (location dependent) either as a full day or as a short series of training sessions.
The training will allow you to:
- Apply the new 2019 government guidance on statutory RSE in your context
- Assess the effectiveness and appropriateness of RSE resources
- Support young people in building self-esteem
- Support young people in developing healthy relationships
- Develop confidence in talking openly and sensitively about sexual health issues including STIs, pregnancy and contraception
- Support young people to develop skills and resilience to deal with the influence and impact of modern technology on relationships and sex, including looking at sexting and the impact of porn.
- Communicate to young people the importance of making healthy life choices about sex
After completing the training course, teachers have the opportunity to become a part of acet UK's Esteem network. Members of the Esteem network gain a licence to use existing Esteem lesson plans and access the members' section of the acet UK website. See our membership page for details of additional benefits.
"This training gives teachers the confidence and reassurance that RSE is not a frightening or taboo subject."
"Informative, inclusive and high-quality training, always considering the young people's safety, wellbeing and interests at the core."
"I now have a better all-round knowledge of RSE and how to meet the requirements of both the government and the young people and their parents."
"I think the interactive elements really helped, and the fact that the host was so open, kind, and engaging made it a lot easier to take in the information. I genuinely learned a lot."
"I liked the manner in which you led the training It was informative and your knowledge base is extensive. We were able to ask and answer questions in a relaxed manner, which encourages sharing of ideas/answers/questions."